:) I am trying to find some of the thick (.063 or .093 or thicker ) vulcanized spacing fiber in red or black, the kind that are used on the scagel styled knives, if anyone can help me out let me know. have tryed the supply houses and they only have up to .030. Someone at the Blade Show was trying to sell some thick RED spacing material I was told.

Since I'm a leather craftsman/cordwainer, too, I use an unusual material. The thin plastic soling material that you'll find on some ballet slippers and mocassins. It's astonishingly tough and flexible, comes in black, brown and tan. Since my knives tend to have rather earthy colors, those are the only shades I need.

"I'm not anti-gun. I'm pro-knife." Molly Ivins

NT Limpin' Cat Prokopp

:) I am trying to find some of the thick (.063 or .093 or thicker ) vulcanized spacing fiber in red or black, the kind that are used on the scagel styled knives, if anyone can help me out let me know. have tryed the supply houses and they only have up to .030. Someone at the Blade Show was trying to sell some thick RED spacing material I was told.

27748[/snapback]

Can't you stack the .030" spacer material? With a little pressure and epoxy you shouldn't be able to tell.

Look at www.brisa.fi

Dennis has had some thick spacer material for a while. Up to 10 mm.

Edited by Mike Blue

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. Will Rogers

MOORE KNIVES; Like in Moore pocket knives??? I bought some realthick spacer material from Kenny McFall at K&G. in Lakeside AZ. ' I THINK'..GRIN If he does not have it. Ask back and I will TRY to look up the ticket.

If you wanted to take the time, you could get them just like SCAGEL did.

Paper and glue-- pick your own colors and have what ever you want.

Before I got this thicker stuff, I was gluing the lighter stuff together, after giving it a light sanding.

I do some handles like on the knives, D'HOLDER calls his knife. I like the thicker spacers for them.

Good luck.

Chuck