Al Massey

I'm barely holding together- sad news...

This reminds me of something the late Terry Pratchett once said, "No one is truly dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away..."

After our girl passed, her mother bought everyone dog tags that said: "To live on in the hearts and minds of those we love is to never die."

Five years later, still got them hanging on my rear-view mirror!

very very sorry to hear this news

my condolences

your in our prayers

i'm at a loss for words.. Al please take care

Al,

We've never met, but based on what I know of you from your posts here, I think we share a lot in common. I can't imagine how you must be feeling, but from the sound of it, your focus on those who are counting on you will do a lot to help you through this. Just don't forget that those who count on you may also be folks that you can count on as well.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, and would like to echo the sentiment of others here to let us know if we can be of any help.

-d

Well, got through the reception in one piece. Jan and I had lots of friends. Especially Jan. That helped to a degree. I feel like a whiner when a close friend asks me how I'm holding out and the only honest answer I can give is "not well."

There is absolutely no shame in being honest, and it is most certainly not whining. Take comfort in those around you and don't be afraid to lean on them. They want to be there for you...let them. Prayers for strength and peace in this time of loss go out to you.

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words.

Al,

I am truly sorry for your loss. My wife is still with me, although I don't know how she puts up with me. I lost my mother thirty years ago, six months before my first child was born, and I still think of her all the time. Since none of my children ever knew her, I tell them stories about what a wonderful mother she was, and it helps me feel less sad. Try to take solace in what a wonderful life you two had in the time you did have together.

Rich B