Pattern welds - seaxes, knives and handles

Kris Lipinski

Hi All.

Some time ago I finished seven blades and handles. Actually I did my first steps with making handles. I learned a lot doing them. I think the next level after blades and handles will be sheath making :-)

I put some more pictures and details on my blog:

http://lipinskimetalart.blogspot.com/2015/12/kolejne-dziwery-next-pattern-welds.html

If you are interested in anything more about these blades just ask.

1 Pattern welded knives and seaxes with handles.jpg

2 Completed knives and seaxes 2.jpg

5 Pattern welded seax composite handel 4.jpg

6 Pattern welded seax composite handle 6.jpg

11 Pattern welded brokenback seax.jpg

14 Small pattern welded knives.jpg

lipinskimetalart.blogspot.com

Excellent work man!

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook

Actuallly I'm just trying to follow the ancient Masters of hammer and fire. I dare to guess all the archeological finds like seaxes and other PW blades looked simmilar when new.

Nice!!

“If you trust in yourself. . . believe in your dreams. . . and follow your star. . . you will still get beaten by the people who have spent their time working hard and learning things, the people who weren't so lazy.” ~ Terry Pratchett

I feel honoured with your prediction Alan, but all seven knives were already shipped to USA to new owner. I will definitely try to make sheaths for next blades I'm gonna forge.

Nice work! You are quite talented. Thanks for sharing your work with us!

kc

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs