some of the work form the past year

a little paring knife forged form a swedish bahco wrench with bone scales and a simple mozaic pin.

about 9 cm long blade, 2 cm wide and about 2 mm thick with a tapper towards the tip.

DSCF3403.JPG

DSCF3333.JPG

DSCF3421.JPG

DSCF3314.JPG

an outdoor knife forged form spring steel with elm scales.

i think that it was about 15 cm long blade, about 3 cm wide and 4 mm thick.

DSCF3293.JPG

DSCF3280.JPG

a wharncliff smallish knife with holes made form same 15n20 steel. from memories i think that it was abou 8 cm long blade, about 3 cm wide and 3 mm thick.

DSCF3871.JPG

DSCF3876.JPG

a ring knife forged form O2 steel with antler scales. the blade is about 9 cm long, 2 cm wide and 3 mm thick.

DSCF3663.JPG

DSCF3658.JPG

DSCF3669.JPG

a hunter forged form spring steel with some wood burl scales - i don't know what wood is it.

It has a a little bit over 9 cm long blade, 2,5 cm wide and 3.5 mm thickness at the juntion with the handle.

DSCF4231.JPG

DSCF4262.JPG

DSCF4193.JPG

DSCF4227.JPG

DSCF4223.JPG

a small paring knife made form D2 steel. the blade is 7,5 cm long, 2 cm wide and 1.8 mm thick and the handle is plum wood i thick.

DSCF4453.JPG

DSCF4461.JPG

DSCF4465.JPG

another utility knife made from D2 steel with bloddwood scales and carbon fiber pins.

the blade is 13 cm long, 2 cm wide and 2.5 mm thick.

DSCF4499.JPG

and a small utility knife forged from spring steel with mild steel bolsters and brushed oak.

the blade is about 7 cm long, 1.5 cm wide and 2.5 mm thick. the grind and polish was made only with files and stones.

DSCF4282.JPG

DSCF4283.JPG

DSCF4287.JPG

DSCF4294.JPG

DSCF4300.JPG

DSCF4302.JPG

and the big brother made also from spring steel, forged to shape and dress up with files and stones. alittle bit bigger, the blades was about 9 cm long, 2 cm wide and it was 3 mm thick at the junction with the tang. blade is fitted in the handle with two wood dovels near the blade that was cut flush after they were push with a hammer.

handle was made from oak burnt and brushed.

DSCF3209.JPG

DSCF3259.JPG

DSCF3256.JPG

DSCF3235.JPG

the profile of the blade:

DSCF3101.JPG

because the handle was burnt the dovels can't be seen, but they look like this:

DSCF3625.JPG

Edited by catalin

Some great looking stuff!

much appreciated. thank you gentlemen for your words.

i discover that the oak is subappreciated and can be worked to give a lots of textures.

simple, brused, burnt and brused or finished with a clothed or used sandpaper at a high speed to achieve a caramel like colour.

DSCF2854.JPG

DSCF2838.JPG

• 2 weeks later...