Thanks Derrick! I was trying to push myself on this one. It will be a while I think before I do one on this level again.

Wanna bet? :P

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I thought it was time for another WIP thread unfortunately my last thread was somewhat derailed by a family crisis and I still won't be returning to that knife for sometime, but since this build

Thanks guys! This is one of those builds that stays in your dreams at night, so I am glad others are enjoying it. Here is today's progress:   Today involved a lot of file work which, while tedious,

Here is the next round of photos:   At this point I am now fitting the frame to the tang:     Then I move on to fit the spacer and guard. At this point the guard is only partially ground to sha

LOL Joshua, well let's just say I need a couple months to recuperate from the stress that went into this build before I move onto something more complicated or "fun".

• 2 weeks later...

I like to do a sword or two, then do a couple of Scandinavian-inspired knives for a change of pace.

You may want to put puukkos or something like them into your rotation.

I agree with Joshua, though. You will make something on this level, or better, relatively soon.

You are like the rest of us... you have to challenge yourself on a regular basis. Otherwise, we would all just be doing stock removal and making the same 4 or 5 models over and over (which seems a whole hell of a lot like working in a factory).

Not that there is anything wrong with that, for those who choose to.

Looking forward to what you come up with in a build or two or three from now!

Thanks Kevin, it's funny you should say that as I just finished 12 puukkos. Right now I'm in the final grind and countdown to one of my biggest shows of the year, Canoecopia, in Madison Wisconsin. It has taken me from the second week of January until now to get ready for it, with this big bowie and about twenty nine other knives. So if you are in the area stop by it would be great to see fellow forum members. But after the show I get to work on a collaboration with our own Deker which is going to be pretty fun so stay tuned!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Words can't describe how incredible this piece is! Great job!

• 7 months later...