Epoxy pigment to mimic brick dust colored cutlers resin?

You can add liquid watercolors like Doc Martins or you can find powdered pigment that they add to concrete to change its color.
I have no doubt that any powdered pigment will work.
Don't use a 5 minute epoxy.
It sets too fast to get your color mixed in.

I have used red and black iron ore, they work fine.
I have used fine wood grindings, mixed with metal grindings from my grinder. Those work great as well.

I would think the pottery dust, would work just fine.

In my experience, powders generally work. I've used ground up rock, iron powder, saw dust, charcoal dust, sanding dust from antler. You can work with 5-minute if you mix the powder into one of the components before mixing the two parts together (I avoid 5 minute because I don't work fast enough to get it where I want it before it sets).

Frequently the result will be a little darker than the powder (although a dark pigment may be lighter). It is possible to mix enough powder in to weaken the final result. Testing with a small amount to check color and that the epoxy sets correctly is advised.

ron

Probably just iron oxide, but I'll bet that Quikrete concrete pigment would work.

What is locally available will depend on your locality. The common stuff when I am (from hardware stores and craft stores) tends to be rather thick (think honey). I generally buy the smallest bottle of whatever is 30 minute or longer. I haven't had problems with newly purchased epoxy regardless of the brand.

ron

If you have a Woodcraft or if the real hobby store is good, I like T-88 two part epoxy by System 3. It comes in six ounce bottles as well as the twin tube plunger. Oh, and for brick dust (brilliant answer, Dan), you have a hammer and bricks...

I wasn't being facetious. You can get 25kg bags of brick dust (in this country) from builders merchants. It's for colouring cement/mortar/grout/cutler's resin/whatever.

I ended buying some from a modellers (trains, etc.??) supply. Didn't need 25kg.