Kiridashi frictionfolder

Geko

hey guys,

was thinking about what to do with some left over´s and came up with this little fun project.

i really like to use kiridashi´s in my shop for leather work. and if you are used to them you never wanna miss them.

P1150201

P1150206

not a masterpiece, but for a first try i´m happy.
not everything is perfect in line and the finish is bullshit too. but hey, its a working tool.
have all a nice day,
geko

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

I would agree with Alan, it certainly is a handy looking knife. I might actually make one like that just to throw in my dresscoat jacket :P I am always missing a knife when I wear it, and I don't want something that is noticeable, just a usable little piece.

Great job, and A+ for creativity, I never would have looked to Kydex as a handle material!

Timothy

thank you all for the positive feedback.

looks like i need to get some locktide now. the chicago screws starts to loosen a bit after 20-30 times open/close the knife.

cheers, geko

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." --Albert Einstein

Well, I like friction folders (but not kydex, sort of like Alan). However, that looks like a great tool. Way prettier than most of my shop-made tools for my own use. Actually, it is prettier than all of them.

kc

please visit my website http://www.professorsforge.com/

“Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.” E. V. Debs