Ninth Annual Fire and Brimstone Hammer-In

Fire and Brimstone 2016 will be April 2-3 this year ( two weeks post the Antique Arms Show in Baltimore, one week post Easter)

Yet again it is hard to believe it has been a year already.

Amazing year here at BKS with a few big changes since last year.

Both the new Bradley hammer we took delivery of last year and a completely rebuilt Nazel 2b are running in the shop. The hydraulic press and Iron Kiss 75 are still in constant use.

Mikes 4B has been gone over by Mark Krause with a list of small changes for the parts off the machine and a clean bill of health for the already assembled compressor side.

Honestly the entire shop is exhausted. We basically doubled in blade output last year and filmed 2 weeks at a time every couple of months for Man At Arms.

I know Rick is planning a couple bronze axe pours for this year, let us know what else you guys have planned and what supplies you need.

Something you would like to see? Post it here and we will add everything we can.

We will be limiting attendance to 60. Registration will be $75 for the entire weekend to offset our costs. Vendors and tailgating is encouraged at no additional fee and will have separate parking, trailers allowed.

Please let us know if you plan to bring anything that will need forklifting and we will have one available.

Please visit our site http://www.fireandbrimstone.com We will update the event section over this next week. Feel free to use the registration sheet as is in case you get there before us.

The site will include accommodations, Schedule, and Artists/Demonstrators. We are still rebuilding the site but it is live now and registration is open. I will be talking to the local hotel to see if we can get group rates. Breakfast and lunch are provided, grills are open for anything you wish to bring or share! Camping is encouraged but weather in Maryland is always suspect! The later dates should help us out quite a bit. The first year we had snow, 2nd year it was down right warm and sunny, 3rd well we had a little water, 4th Having a roof makes all the difference!!.... There are bathrooms(spot-a-pots) but no showers.

Chris , I think we need a good update of this pic. There is a pile of more stuff in the space now!

1231053902_92E8p-XL.jpg

8565205607_15189f344d_b.jpg

hi4a.JPG

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought F&B stood for Fire&Brisket. Seriously, Doug. This is not just a hammer-in, it is a culinary experience and you are the master chef so I will arrive with an open mind and hungry no m

I'll be at ashokan, I'll try and make that every 4/5 years for the sword gathering , its a good time.

Noooo! I was planning leaving with a pile of his steel.

Mark has requested 70 firebrick and a quantity of charcoal. Anyone else needing material feel free to post here. We will have propane and just need to get totals. Typically we have 700 to 1000lbs.

Wow, I'd love to be there, although I'm not sure I would really bring any value to the party.

Oddly enough I'm scheduled to be on vacation then. I wonder if I can convince my wife to spring break in Maryland...

Edited by Brian Dougherty

Hold on guys.... Let us just consider the possibilities. I am trying to talk my neighbor into coming to F&B or loaning me his Pit.

This Pit:

24710842205_60124a6ca6_b.jpg

This opens up a bunch of menu options...

Like this:

24343177999_e7958555e9_b.jpg

I have not sold him on it yet, but I can honestly say I have done some of my best work using this pit every October for the past 11 years. Great tools are not necessary for great results... but they sure help. ;-)

-Doug

I thought F&B stood for Fire&Brisket.

Seriously, Doug. This is not just a hammer-in, it is a culinary experience and you are the master chef so I will arrive with an open mind and hungry no matter what.

• Like 1

Really hope I can make it out again!! I'd love to help with a Catalan again, that was a load of fun at Mark's place. Not sure if I'll still be on the east coast though, but if I am, I'm in!

I thought F&B stood for Fire&Brisket.

Seriously, Doug. This is not just a hammer-in, it is a culinary experience and you are the master chef so I will arrive with an open mind and hungry no matter what.

I thought that this last year we decided that it would be FB&B Fire, Brisket and Bacon. =)

Doug, I can bring my fridge-smoker, if you want...

33105644-M.jpg

And I'll be happy to shoot some glamour shots of the modern shop layout, Kerry.

As for what I hope to accomplish, I need to squeeze some bloom into bar, and make some wares for the Colonial Farm table in May. And lots of fire-strikers. I found an older colonial anvil not long after I bought yours, Kerry, Alan says it dates to ~1700. I'll bring it for show, it's cool.

As always, I'm happy to help the smelt crew if they need an extra hand, but I'm mostly fixated on trying to get some historical product done.

Can I get a clarification, Kerry, we can park behind the main shop now behind the wall? A shorter walk would make me happy, any chance of an extension cord for campers?