Kerrystagmer

Ninth Annual Fire and Brimstone Hammer-In

Shoot, I completely forgot to ask, going to shoot for an iron in the hat, this year?

Aw man, I moved to Denver last fall an didn't even consider the effect on my hammer-in schedule :( Have fun guys

Sent my registration and payment. I think I'll be in washington DC the week before, and will check into my motel thursday night, so I can help setup tents and whatnot on friday.

Sent my registration and payment. I think I'll be in washington DC the week before, and will check into my motel thursday night, so I can help setup tents and whatnot on friday.

You're welcome to stop by if you want if you find yourself with some time on your hands. I know a couple good lunch spots in McLean and Tysons.

The website now has the correct dates.

It always looks like such fun, I'll have to make it along one year. Alas not this one I have 4 foreign forge ins to attend already and my own , so a pretty full year ......One year though .

You going to make it out for Ashokan Sword year this year? (since it was postponed due to the Solingen museum opening last year?) =D I think you'd have a blast at Kerry's I'm still trying to see if i can make it over to London for your shindig

Edited by Justin Mercier

I'll be at ashokan, I'll try and make that every 4/5 years for the sword gathering , its a good time.

• Like 1

Just talked to Aldo, the NJ Steel baron.
It seems he has a schedule conflict and won't be at the hammer in this year.
Usually people forging will buy steel of the truck or pick stuff up for their home shop.
So anyone who wants to forge might want to bring their own material and if anyone is thinking of bringing forging stock for tailgating that would be a good idea.
I might be bringing some W1 round bar if anyone is interested let me know.

Noooo! I was planning leaving with a pile of his steel. :(

• Like 1

Usually people forging will buy steel of the truck or pick stuff up for their home shop.

So anyone who wants to forge might want to bring their own material and if anyone is thinking of bringing forging stock for tailgating that would be a good idea.

Uncool. Years of loyal customers, shared libations, and brisket, and he's got a new sugar-momma worth blowing us off for? Uncool.

Uncool. Years of loyal customers, shared libations, and brisket, and he's got a new sugar-momma worth blowing us off for? Uncool.

i blame it on easter coming between the antique arms fair and F&B this year, it made bad mojo =P

He has a prior commitment that coincides with our event.
I have wished him well, he said its a bit of a tradtition.
I can get my hands on 1095 and 1075 and bring it if people are interested in buying some.
I need to know ASAP.

Thanks,

I was being a little tongue-in-cheek, I will miss his presence. Sent you a message on FB, JJ.

I should have 1' pieces of both 1075 and 1095
1075 in 8/32X1.5

1095 in 3/16X1.5
Just a heads up for everyone.
I will also have some guard slot punches in H-13 and chasing gravers for closing the gap between tang and slot.
I should have some bladesmithing tongs and a couple other odds and ends.

Can't wait to be there guys, anybody gonna have some antique swords and such up for handling/show/discussion?

Edited by Sean H

Dangit! Now I have to waste money on UPS! I was going to call Aldo tomorrow to put in an order for delivery at the hammer-in...

So I have a bunch of high temp firebrick (the soft stuff) in odd shapes I was thinking of bringing to F & B. I'd like to get rid of it quite cheaply if people have any interest (like $2 for a normal brick and lower for odd shapes). A lot of it is full sized bricks with the long sides slightly canted in. It comes from kits to reline old oil burners (don't worry, NOT asbestos). If there is interest I'll throw a couple cases in the car...

So it begins...

25452844994_921006fef4_b.jpg

• Like 1

Perhaps the best part of the entire weekend. No offense to the metallurgical talent and gracious hosts, but damn... that looks good raw. I cannot wait to taste it.

The went into the pit last night around 8PM. All rubbed and ready to go.

26066586295_9356ef1648_b.jpg

I think I'm ready to move past my canola quench but don't want to buy five gallons of the good stuff (I'd have to dispose of any excess when the military moves me again and I don't want to have to do that). Does anyone who is going to the hammer in have a couple of gallons that's been sitting in their shop that they'd like to sell? I'm open to anything better than canola (Parks, McMaster, etc...) and is fast. Shoot me a message if you're interested.