• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Dave Stephens

Forum was down 1/28/16

All:

My apologies for the site being down today.

My stupid, stupid, bank of America credit card decides every 2-3 months that the charge from the hosting company looks strange and flags it as fraudulent. The hosting company is based out of the UK, so I suppose it makes some kind of sense, but I've made this same charge every month for YEARS. You'd think a computer that was designed to recognize patterns and flag anomalies would get the picture! Anyway, I get this warning message and I'm supposed to log onto the site and approve it. I forgot to do it this time.

Anyway, things are back up and running now.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Dave

• Like 1

Dave, a little deprivation serves to remind us of what we might come to take for grated....

Many thanks to all the mods.

Jim

Plus 1!

the withdrawal shakes I had this morning reminded me that I need to thank you and the mods for what ya'll do!

Thanks Dave! Much appreciation for all you and the rest of the mods do to keep the forum up and running!

Edited by John Page

Now worries, Dave. Bank of America does that to me every time I order steel from Aldo. Apparently I can't order steel from New Jersey and get gas around the corner in the same day.

Thanks, Dave! That is why I stopped using BoA, they once trapped me in Virginia by freezing my account when I was trying to check out of a hotel, then froze it again for no apparent reason when I got home!

Thanks for fronting the cost of this site Dave. I really appreciate you doing that.

• Like 1

i was crying - i thought i had pissed someone off and my IP was banned it said "ACCOUNT SUSPENDED" i was like #*$&@&^!@ lol

by the way Dave, I do appreciate what you do to keep the server alive as well -- you should incorporate a donate button somewhere. When finances permit i would definitely add money to the kitty for site maintainance

I second that, I would be more than happy to contribute to the forum. I take my hat off to you Dave for fronting these costs. I know you don't look for it, but thanks.

Steve

Thanks guys. I really do appreciate it. It's essentially more trouble than it's worth to accept donations. There are tax implications. . . you have to be a not-for-profit . . . or if not then you're a business and if donations exceed expenses then taxes are due . . . blah, blah, blah.

I do however accept donations of beer (cold, well hopped beer . . . thank you very much, not-apologizing-for-my-American-tastes . . . ) at any hammer-in or gathering at which we might be fortunate enough to meet in person. (;

Cheers!

Dave