Scored some hydraulic components, who can help figure out what I got?

So, I went out on a Craigslist hunt today for a cheap 2HP motor that needed some repair (hoping it needed a starting cap. or bearing or something). Turns out that it was attached to a small hydraulic tank/pump, and came with a whole manifold full of solenoid valves to boot!

20160128_173601_crop.jpg

The 4 Parker valves are PN: D1VW020BNYP and the Northman one is PN: SWH-G02-B3S-A120-20. I even got a fistful of the electrical connector ends to attach to these and a couple other odds and ends.

At first glance it seems like a set of solenoid controlled directional valves. Supposedly this all came off of some kind of press used in a sign making shop. It had been sitting around the shop/warehouse for so long that nobody was sure what was wrong with it, and one guy thought that it may all still be working.

Anybody here know what I've stumbled on? I'll get more pictures tomorrow in the daylight.

Edited by deker

The link below may help, but yes, the Parkers look to be directional control valves, 2 position. 110 V with nitrile seals:

http://www.parker.com/literature/Hydraulic%20Controls%20Europe/HY11-3500UK/PDF_2013/D1VW%20UK.pdf

That setup is for a system with multiple cylinders on a machine like a backhoe. What you want is single manually operated 3 position selector valve. As far as a motor goes, you have to match the HP to the GPM of the pump. You can get away with a 3hp motor with a 2 stage pump. Shop at Northern Tool for components. Ebay is the best place for cylinders

That setup is for a system with multiple cylinders on a machine like a backhoe. What you want is single manually operated 3 position selector valve. As far as a motor goes, you have to match the HP to the GPM of the pump. You can get away with a 3hp motor with a 2 stage pump. Shop at Northern Tool for components. Ebay is the best place for cylinders

I got the motor, pump, and reservoir with it! I honestly was just interested in a cheap 2HP motor, and all the hydraulics were icing on the cake!

I've already got a forging press (8" cylinder, 21GPM pump, pushes about 45 tons), but I'm thinking that if all the bits of this setup work I may use it as a hub for a number of smaller hydraulic tools I've been planning. First is likely be a hydraulic twisting machine (already have a hydraulic motor for this), second might be a small press just for punching/drifting, and third maybe a rolling mill. It would be kind of cool to have them all running form one pump and manifold setup.

When the sun is back up I'll get the pump cleaned up and see if I can figure out what it is.

Got some pics of the motor/pump setup today.

What the motor/pump setup looks like:

20160129_123241_70.jpg

Motor data (just because):

20160129_123308_70.jpg

The pump inside:

20160129_123712_70.jpg

Closeup of the pump:

20160129_123743_70.jpg

The pump has the markings "90P" "MADE IN ITALY" "FG" and "27M6" (or possibly "27MG"). Now I'm trying to ID the pump. If anybody has a clue on this I'd appreciate it. My google-fu seems to be weak on this one.

So, I wired this motor up today and it fired right up! I only ran it for a second or two so I didn't mess up the pump. Now I need to get some plugs to close off the extra manifold ports and a couple of hoses to test out running a hydraulic motor with it. If all goes well, this may be what kicks me back into gear on building a twisting machine...