JF-Knives

My first linerlock knife...

Here some pictures from my very first try to make a linerlock knife.

Stainless Steel liners, Ebony handle parts, custom damast blade and spacer, hidden hardware (pivot and 26 m2 screws), custom damast bolsters.

I hope you enjoy, thanks for watching.

_DSC5901_zpsd6dqegx2.jpg

_DSC5904_zpsmmwxxpao.jpg

_DSC5906_zpslxc6ckau.jpg

_DSC5907_zpsax4univc.jpg

_DSC5912_zpsoulqlwaw.jpg

_DSC5914_zpsxnd9lopi.jpg

w.b.r.
Joost

Edited by JF-Knives
  • Like 2

Wow, I like that!

Do you have any pictures of it during assembly that show the parts?

i dont want to sound negative here or contrived in anyway... but i truely feel that this is one tiny detail away from being fan-freaking-tastic--- i just dont know what that detail is like some sort of centralized carving on the center of the ebony.. Anyway its gorgeous without it but would make that just way over the top! I like this a lot. Wish my "firsts" came out like this instead of appearing like they got hit by a highspeed train! lol

i dont want to sound negative here or contrived in anyway... but i truely feel that this is one tiny detail away from being fan-freaking-tastic--- i just dont know what that detail is like some sort of centralized carving on the center of the ebony.. Anyway its gorgeous without it but would make that just way over the top! I like this a lot. Wish my "firsts" came out like this instead of appearing like they got hit by a highspeed train! lol

Beautiful knife my friend. I would agree with Gabriel, as something is missing. I think some 1 or 2 visible screws in the ebony would add to the knife. But that's just nitpicking. Thanks for sharing.

Very slick and clever. I like the middle I'm a list aesthetic. Would be very interested to see how you went about hiding the mechanics.

Beautiful knife my friend. I would agree with Gabriel, as something is missing. I think some 1 or 2 visible screws in the ebony would add to the knife. But that's just nitpicking. Thanks for sharing.

Gotta say that I disagree gentlemen. I really like the "nothing but clean" look. Also, no visible fasteners make take a second to notice, but one you do, the whole "How does that work?!" factor makes it stand out for me.

Wow, I like that!

Do you have any pictures of it during assembly that show the parts?

Here are some of the 245 pictures I took during the build process.

IMG_4958_zps9lwx9rmi.jpg
IMG_4991_zpssavp8dlt.jpg
IMG_4996_zpsq53kjbuc.jpg
IMG_5009_zpsp6xqooss.jpg
IMG_5104_zpscqmvhvz4.jpg
IMG_5105_zpsvi7fpq9t.jpg
IMG_5115_zps1hp0mmpn.jpg
IMG_5122_zpsiptsakz3.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I have to wear dress pants to work every day so carrying around a fixed blade, or bulky pocket knife doesn't work too well. I have been thinking about making something like this to replace my current pocket knife.

I love the look. It is clean, and mysterious :)

Gotta say that I disagree gentlemen. I really like the "nothing but clean" look. Also, no visible fasteners make take a second to notice, but one you do, the whole "How does that work?!" factor makes it stand out for me.

I agree with Deker. Visible screws really turn me off on a folder, especially Torx screws. This is a CLEAN, slick little knife! I might have rounded the ends of the bolsters a bit, but that is just me. I like the blocky look too.

BRILLIANT.

Flawless design and execution.

this knife rocks. Now, I can't actually see the liner lock on it. I thought it was a lockback for awhile. Still, doesn't really matter. I think that is s great design. The clean wood contrasts well with the pattern welded steel. I tried for this motif on a grosse messer I made, once. I like that/this approach a lot.