Heat Treat Oven for Jewelry?

So as fortune would have it, my wife has taken in interest in jewelry making. She took a couple of classes, and she learned about PMC metal clay. Now she wants to buy a kiln so she can make stuff at home. I immediately seized on this opportunity and explained that for a few dollars more, we could get a heat treating oven that is essentially a better and more accurate kiln, that would also let me heat treat blades. My question is, am I blowing smoke? I just assumed that an Evenheat oven will do everything that she needs a kiln to do, but will also let me heat treat blades.

-Jeff

Blowing a lot of smoke.......... a Ney burnout oven is a number of steps above an Evenheat including price.Evenheat ovens are listed as jewelry/ceramic ovens,everything depends on the size you need and the amount of money to spend.Usually everything related to jewelry comes at a cost more than for ceramics/knives.etc. shop around. http://www.fdjtool.com/Category/717_1/Ovens.aspx

Blowing a lot of smoke.......... a Ney burnout oven is a number of steps above an Evenheat including price.Evenheat ovens are listed as jewelry/ceramic ovens,everything depends on the size you need and the amount of money to spend.Usually everything related to jewelry comes at a cost more than for ceramics/knives.etc. shop around. http://www.fdjtool.com/Category/717_1/Ovens.aspx

Hmm...The Evenheat KF 18 I'm looking at is quite a bit more expensive that the jewelry kilns ($1200 vs. $800). The heat treat oven will let you program a heat treating cycle, while the kiln basically only lets you heat up to a certain temperature and that's it.