Kukri for Deployment

Gabriel James

Thanks im totally familiar with everything doberman related. Ironically the mini pins arent even a distant relative to full blooded dobermans despite them looking the part. For my personality -- dobermans are the perfect breed. Also its going to be my touch mark :P

Today I got confirmation that the sheath was finished.. quite handsome i think.

Thanks to the sheath maker for your good n fast work :P Im not sure if he wanted to be named or not :P

gabe01.JPGgabe02.JPG

Looks like it will give years of service. The wife says no more dogs but when my lil buddy is gone, hes 14, Im guessing a full size white or fawn doberman will magically wander into my yard, and Ill just have to feed him ;)

The finest steel has to go through the hottest fire.

Definitely do not ever get a white one. THey are genetic abnormalities that the breeders are trying to get rid of. They are normally blind, hip displacia and very bad skin and extremely shortened life span. Im a fan of the dominant trait ones: Red and rust, or black and rust. The fawn and blue ones are pretty but they sometimes have bad skin.... Not nearly as bad as the white ones however.

When I was 3, My mom had a Doberman named Tosh.... Dog followed me around everywhere, and kept me out of trouble, and when mom called for me, if I didnt come, the dog would grab me and drag me by the shirt to my mom....

If I were not so dead set on a Giant Malamute / Gray Wolf hybrid, I would be getting my kids a Doberman.

As for the Knife, that looks like a solid piece, and should work out well in the field. I like it, A kukri is on my short list of things to make in the near future.

Hey Gabe, thanks for the info on the white, Ill steer clear of them, black and tan he'll be. Now that I think about it, my father in law had a white english bull dog and that dog was a walking vet bill, but he was beautiful. Thanks again for the insight, I just have to talk the wife into another one when the time comes

The finest steel has to go through the hottest fire.