Ashokan Sword 2016

Ashokan Sword is on for September 16-18. Dan has invited me and I know Peter is presenting.

I'm going to flesh-out my 2012 talk on artistry with more of a focus on cultivating imagination. Plus how to break into engraving without busting your zeal or your bank account.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well... I'm in too. See you guys there.

And one last announcement: During the event, a quorum of the Grand High Council of Fiery Beards consisting of myself, Matt Parkinson, Jake Powning, Júl, and Peter Johnsson personally bestowed the Fier

Hmmm... dunno if a big pot of bladesmith stew is on my to-do list. I know most of you guys, remember!

Posted Images

I will be all ears!

Jim,

I look forward to that.

Dan has invited me to demonstrate as well........he left the topic open a bit....not sure exactly what to do at this point.

Ric

I will be there for certain, I will bring an original viking sword, some original viking wolfstooth spearheads and some viking axes, and if I get it stabilized and cleaned by then, a frankish (probably merovingian) sword from before the viking age. Not nearly as cool as Lee Jones' perfectly preserved ulfbhert from prior ashokans but still pretty badass =)

Hopefully I'll have some swords of my own to show off too =) Need to finish up this pattern welded one i started last year by making fitting now that I have Jim Kelso's old casting equipment !

Ric, I think what everyone needs to know is how to maintain this tonsorial attainment coincident with the fiery-beard state.

ricbeard.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I would love to know as soon as tickets are available , Ive already booked my flights and will Hit NY before for a few days and Maine after for a week or two. Looking forward to meeting all of you again or for the first time.

I'll email Tim and see what the status with registration is, when I had talked with him last, while I was at Ashokan for the North East Blacksmith Association spring meet, he said that he expected registration to be up at the end of May, but we're past that now =)

• 2 weeks later...

Tim was going walkabout from June 13 to I'm-not-sure-when-but I-don't-think-terrible-much-longer.

I have email'd him. If anyone hears that registration is open please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything about the registration?

-Gabriel

I tried but it redirects to the 2014 registration...

I have heard that there is work done on the presentation of the demonstrators and the registration.
Information should be available very soon.

I will make a post here as soon as I get access to a link or can re-post the registration information.

Thanks Peter!

As it turns out Tim Neu emailed me today and said he will be sending the invites out later this week!

I hope to be there!

-Gabriel