Jim Kelso

Ashokan Sword 2016

Ashokan Sword is on for September 16-18. Dan has invited me and I know Peter is presenting.

I'm going to flesh-out my 2012 talk on artistry with more of a focus on cultivating imagination. Plus how to break into engraving without busting your zeal or your bank account.

I will be all ears!

Jim,

I look forward to that.

Dan has invited me to demonstrate as well........he left the topic open a bit....not sure exactly what to do at this point.

Ric

I will be there for certain, I will bring an original viking sword, some original viking wolfstooth spearheads and some viking axes, and if I get it stabilized and cleaned by then, a frankish (probably merovingian) sword from before the viking age. Not nearly as cool as Lee Jones' perfectly preserved ulfbhert from prior ashokans but still pretty badass =)

Hopefully I'll have some swords of my own to show off too =) Need to finish up this pattern welded one i started last year by making fitting now that I have Jim Kelso's old casting equipment !

Please let us know when registration opens so we can secure a spot and lodging. I am so looking forward to this.

I am so in!! looks like a good line up of demonstrators so far , looking forward to it!!

Mee too, Mee too.......

I'm so looking forward to meeting a whole bunch of you again. The last sword year I was still brand new to this all, wasn't active on forums and didn't know everyone who I was meeting

Ric, I think what everyone needs to know is how to maintain this tonsorial attainment coincident with the fiery-beard state.

ricbeard.jpeg

Looking forward to it.

It will be great to see all friends from the forum at Ashokan!
Last time it was a blast.
-Very much looking forward to this!

Consulting with my 'event planner'... hope, hope, hoping.

Well it looks like I'm clear to go... very excited.

• Like 1

I would love to know as soon as tickets are available , Ive already booked my flights and will Hit NY before for a few days and Maine after for a week or two. Looking forward to meeting all of you again or for the first time.

I'll email Tim and see what the status with registration is, when I had talked with him last, while I was at Ashokan for the North East Blacksmith Association spring meet, he said that he expected registration to be up at the end of May, but we're past that now =)

Tim was going walkabout from June 13 to I'm-not-sure-when-but I-don't-think-terrible-much-longer.

I have email'd him. If anyone hears that registration is open please let me know.

Has anyone heard anything about the registration?

-Gabriel

I tried but it redirects to the 2014 registration...

I have heard that there is work done on the presentation of the demonstrators and the registration.
Information should be available very soon.

I will make a post here as soon as I get access to a link or can re-post the registration information.

Thanks Peter!

As it turns out Tim Neu emailed me today and said he will be sending the invites out later this week!

I hope to be there!

-Gabriel