Jim Kelso

Ashokan Sword 2016

I can't go myself, but If anyone near me (Lexington VA), or someone driving nearby (I-81) is going, I have some hammer dies that need to get up there to Rusty Griffin. If anyone is willing to take them, please PM me.

Not sure if Rusty Griffin is going to Ashokan, but he's only about an hour from my house, so if someone gets them to Ashokan for Lee, I can get them the other 5 hours out to cape cod.

I'll definitely be there, I'd also be willing to compensate anyone for their time/gas money who could pick up dies from Lee. I also just got an email last week from Tim and am awaiting invite details.

I'm direct linking to the ashokanknifeseminar page here, but they put an image up of the proposed schedule as well. I guess since Ric is doing a talk on Ulfbhert swords, i need to make a Tharkis-bhert sword before then. I think that will be my next project in the shop =)

2016-schedule.jpg

I am registered!

I am soooo looking forward to this.

• Like 1

Where would someone fly into? Albany or NYC?

NYC is super close. Last year I actually drove along the NYC water resevoir to get there.

Also Joshua, I saw JJ this weekend and he had the KITH knife. Really awesome work!

Thanks Mike, for the answer and the compliment!

Looks like it's about half the $ to fly to Laguardia as it is to Albany. (I grew up in Albany and don't really want to go back anyway....)

If you'll pick me up and drop me off, I buy the gas!

Ashokan is 70 miles south of albany and 100 miles north of NYC, flights to NYC area are usually much cheaper though. Either way you will have to rent a car or get picked up by someone though, no public transport that will get you there.

Yeah, I just had a bomb drop. Our well has gone dry........got to drill a new one so no traveling to Ashoken this year. :(

I'm sorry to hear it, Joshua. I was just mapping out how to work out picking you up.

Thanks Mike. I guess I am only allowed a certain number of trips per year before the Gods step in and put the breaks on.

Looking forward to seeing you all out there!

I will have to try and make somthing to show and tell.....very little free time!

• Like 1

Registered and looking forward to seeing everyone again! I can't believe it's been five years.