obtaining some parks 50 in the UK

I would love to get hold of some parks 50 quenching oil. especially for the demo by Jesus Hernandez at my forge in inn just over a month....I would also love some myself.

its defiantly not available here so I wondered if anyone could send me leads to where I may be able to get it from your side of the pond, and have it shipped over here.

cheers Owen

http://www.maximoil.com is the only source I know of right now that will sell Parks50 to the general public. The company that makes it, Heatbath, doesn't want to be bothered in any quantity less than a tractortrailer load full, and they're downright RUDE when you try to contact them and make an inquiry. Heatbath corporation is located not far from where I live, so I thought they might be willing to work with local businesses, they barely took the time to say 'stop wasting our time' before hanging up on me.

Owen, have you checked with Houghton? They make an oil that they call Type K, which I have read is comparable to Parks 50 in speed. I know that they are an international company, so its possible that they have a UK distributor. Here is a link to their UK site for the Type K oil.

Matter of fact, it looks like Kernow Oils there in the UK may be a supplier.

I phoned them up and thier claim seemed to be based on nothing I do not believe its a very fast oil like parks. but Ill get some anyhow.

Owen, have you checked with Houghton? They make an oil that they call Type K, which I have read is comparable to Parks 50 in speed. I know that they are an international company, so its possible that they have a UK distributor. Here is a link to their UK site for the Type K oil.

Matter of fact, it looks like Kernow Oils there in the UK may be a supplier.

thanks for that I am giving them a try.

I bought mine from Kelly Cupples, in WA state.

Don't know about shipping overseas, but here's the list of stuff and contact & oil prices info is at the bottom of the page.

It'd a great quench medium. Good luck.

http://www.hightemptools.com/steel.html