New Anvil

DW Schaffer

Yesterday I got my first anvil. It is made by the National Supply Co. Toledo, Ohio 150 pounds. I did some google searches and have not had to much luck other than finding out the most basic info. I have a couple of pic, but they are from my cell phone. I tested the rebound and it is about 80%+ by the horn. But there is a couple of spot were it looks like they tried to weld the chips in the edge and the rebound about 40%. I was wondering if any one else have this brand of anvil or have worked with one. I am more that happy with it...it is so much better than the piece of RR track I was using.

Thank you, DW

IMG_20160402_092211.jpg

IMG_20160402_092218.jpg

No luck looking in Anvils in America, the bible of such information. Looks like a steel-faced cast iron anvil to me. Does it ring? Note there is nothing wrong with steel-faced cast iron, they are usually nice to work on. It may also be all cast steel, which would be a good score.

Alan there is not much of a ring to it. Thank you for looking into. I am thinking that it is a steel-faced cast iron anvil. I looked under it and there was no working holes. I got to use it yesterday and there was no real problem that I could see with it.