Hey all, I just turned 25 today and realized I've been on this forum for nearly, if not 10 years. A lot of the members who were posting back when I built my first forge, and who would answer any question no matter how dumb and rehashed, are still here today helping new guys, and showing work that is still incredible by any standard and inspiring. Metal has been in my bones since I was a kid, but this community and the shared knowledge you have all contributed has made my and a lot of other people's journey with our craft possible.

I just want to say thank you to all the old guys here. The ones who keep pushing the boundaries of historical method, experimenting, innovating, and above all being so selflessly free with their hard earned knowledge.

Sorry fur getting mushy on a knife forum ha, but hitting the official adult threshold, and working as a professional metal worker and doing well, just has me thinking about how much of the positive in my life I owe this place.

Edited by Kenon Rain.

Thanks Kenon and Happy Birthday!.

Don established the tone here from the get-go, which is remarkable, being as early as it was. He obviously had a sense of how to maintain the openness and limit the flaming and toadying that so easily creeps in.

There also is considerable actual human gathering that goes on among a goodly number of participants here at various venues around the country. In my experience, the blacksmith knifemakers are probably the most open about sharing of any group I've known.

Edited by Jim Kelso

Dang, I turned 25x2 a couple months ago, and I still feel like a beginner.

Sure is fun though.

And Happy Birthday B)

Thanks all, this forum has always felt like a grandparent to me somehow. A source of practical information hard to find anywhere else, with a kind and generous spirit. Not to mention some serious badassery ;)

Edited by Kenon Rain.

I have to extend my personal thanks to Justin Carnecchia for introducing me to this forum.

I also have to extend many thank you's to the family of bladesmiths from all over the world that come here and give me inspiration, guidance, new ideas (whenever I say "thanks for the arrow"), and methods. I have cruised through many online knife making forums, blacksmith forums, etc. The quality of the work on this site is only surpassed by the quality of the people on it.

I have to extend my personal thanks to Justin Carnecchia for introducing me to this forum.

I also have to extend many thank you's to the family of bladesmiths from all over the world that come here and give me inspiration, guidance, new ideas (whenever I say "thanks for the arrow"), and methods. I have cruised through many online knife making forums, blacksmith forums, etc. The quality of the work on this site is only surpassed by the quality of the people on it.

Well said and I have nothing to add to it. Cheers to you Joshua.