What kind of music?

So, I know some makers like the therapeutic sound of their tools and machines, but what kind of music do you guys like listening to while you work? I personally love listening to stuff like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2RK6OGNMCY Not eneryone's thing, but I'm pretty much addicted to their music!

Edited by Tim A.

hey neighbor.........

for me it depends where I'm at in the build.......if its east going duties then generally something lower key , good country channel or something Skynard like.........

however if the dragons breath is roaring hard at'r as are the hammers and the sparks then so is the music , some good old ACDC , Metallica , Motley Cru something of that nature to coincide with the task at hand !! LOL !! they just seem to go hand in hand........for videos and wips then I do prefer the music in your vid !

Edited by BCROB

always gotta play the panty raid playlist while hand sanding. Has a good rhythm to it.. and my computer is a ways off. This travels well :P cant hear music while the forge or grinder is working sadly :(

Edited by Gabriel James

Much to my family's chagrin, this forum introduced me to viking metal. Well, my family is dismayed about a great number of things this forum has introduced me to, but this thread is about music...

I listen to everything from Korpiklaani to Jasmine Thompson and everything in between. I've found that I have to match the pace of the music to the pace I need to work at.

Most of what I listen to is classic rock, like AC/DC, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin etc. But I also listen to a lot of Americana and R&B music, like The White Buffalo, Johnny Cash, Eddie Vedder, and a few songs from Hozier, and John Legend. I also like Irish folk music, such as Makem and Clancy, Shane MacGowan The Chieftains and The Dubliners. And Irish punk/folk rock, think Flogging Molly or The Dropkick Murphys.
This isn't even all of the different genres of music I listen to.

Pandora is my favorite way to listen to music, I plug my phone into the speakers in the shop. Not many commercials, I can listen to whatever I'm in the mood for, and skip things I don't want to hear at the moment. You know the new "thumbprint radio" thing where Pandora mixes all of the songs you thumb up into one station? Mine's confused as all heck. :unsure:

What I would prefer to listen to:

Carl Orff

Richard Wagner (his music is better than it sounds)

Anything By Ludwig Van.

Unfortunately, I don't have a stereo system in the shop and am stuck listening to what ever commercial FM comes in clearly. Usually the local country station. Someday the shop will have a decent audio system.

That TSFH track was pretty good. Very reminiscent of Carmina Burana.

Yeah, there's a little language involved...

I like the heavy German classical as well, great stuff for endless filing. It can get a little too spirited for engraving, though!

Three Days Grace, Starset, Nightwish is good.

What I would prefer to listen to:

Carl Orff

Richard Wagner (his music is better than it sounds)

Anything By Ludwig Van.

Unfortunately, I don't have a stereo system in the shop and am stuck listening to what ever commercial FM comes in clearly. Usually the local country station. Someday the shop will have a decent audio system.

That TSFH track was pretty good. Very reminiscent of Carmina Burana.

Ludwig van, Johann Sebastian, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsaknov, and of course Mozart are all great choices. The original rock stars!

We've got the best radio station in the world:

http://wdvx.com/

(you can stream it)

"It’s a mix of Bluegrass, Americana, Classic and Alternative Country, Western Swing, Blues, Old Time and Appalachian Mountain Music, Bluegrass Gospel, Celtic and Folk."

And Rock-a-billy on Saturday evenings.

You sure you haven't hacked my playlist? Add the Hives, the Cramps, early Ramones, Pogues, Jane's addiction and the Beastie Boys and I know you have!

Alan, my friend Peter Winston always says "Great minds think alike, small minds differ little" Which are we?

Actually, I don't get Hives or Cramps much........... :blink:

I'd have to blow the dust off some cassettes and find something to play 'em in, but I could probably find you some Ramones.

Probably throw in some Jason & the Scorchers and Lone Justice for good measure.

But don't make me get the turn-table out...

I've got quite a few Ramons songs in my MP3 play list, but to be honest you could play the same one over and over, and I wouldn't really know the difference. I also have everything Pink Floyd did, but I have never bothered to digitize some of the Syd Barrett stuff. Ummagumma can stay in LP space as far as I am concerned.

My usual playlist is a mix of Sabbath, AC/DC and various classical music. I think classic metal and classic music go together well.

The viking metal stuff is starting to edge it's way into my "Normal" list.

Ummagumma is one of my favorites! It was the band's first foray into semi-symphonic composition (and it is definitely Gilmour not Barrett on that album)

"Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a Pict" is a classic.

I'm queuing up my digital version next in the playlist......

Somebody please define, or give examples of, "Viking Metal" for me.

Ummagumma was my first Floyd album, and remains in the rotation. And yeah, I only include the first three albums by the Ramones, back when they were real punk-ish before they became gross charicatures of themselves. Just my opinion. Oh, and Barret-era Pink Floyd is among my favorite!

I'd have to blow the dust off some cassettes and find something to play 'em in, but I could probably find you some Ramones.

Probably throw in some Jason & the Scorchers and Lone Justice for good measure.

But don't make me get the turn-table out...

I just showed my 13 year old my a tape for the first time. He really had no idea. Then I started trying to explain 8 trac, and was looked at with a blank stare.