image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Dapper Dan, 10 3/8" blade length, 1/4" thick 1095 from Aldo. Mild steel guard, textured and blued with brass inlay. Brass spacer followed by Oroku for handle material. It's the first time I've inlayed anything into metal. It was very interesting to say the least.

I was going for a subtle but interesting vibe with this one. As the name Dapper Dan is a gentleman after all lol.

Thanks, Willie

• Like 2

The brass inlay was a bit of both form and function. I have a horrible time with the guard fit and hammering the brass towards the guard slot prior to press fitting makes for a better fit. Plus, I thought it would look cool lol. I've never seen it done before either (not to say it hasn't). I still need improvement on guard fit though.....

thanks, Willie

That enlay is very elegant! Whole thing is dapper indeed. Never heard of that type of wood before. Nice shape to the handle .

I put a bit of clay on it. Didn't want to go flashy and run it down the full length of the blade, something just enough to be seen but not take way from the whole vibe of subtle.

Thanks, Willie