Gabriel James

RIP Wild Rose

Just saw in a leather-working FB group that Wild Rose passed last thursday. I did not know him well but he did freely offer me a helping hand and some knowledge along with it. I wanted to let everyone know that might not have known.

BTW I hope its the same guy and im not spreading false information.!

Edited by Gabriel James

Well, damn. :(

I talked to him last month on the phone and he told me it was terminal, but he thought he might have a couple more months in him. For the record, it was non-Hodgkins lymphoma that had metastasized widely. It was in remission for about five years and then came back strong.

The world has lost a great leatherworker and finisher.

I'll miss you, Chuck.

he was crazy skilled with his leather thats for sure!

Really sorry to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

John

:(

I bought his Custom Knife Sheaths video a while back. Well worth what ever I paid. This is a great loss.

Wow, the news just about knocked me over. Chuck was the man when it came to his work. His knowledge of the 1800'-1900's when it came to weapons of the time was unending. He could relate times, dates and facts about those periods like he was a whole encyclopedia! His work was one of those that was unmistakable when you saw it. Rest in piece my friend!!

A great loss. I've always used his work as the standard to match when trying to do traditional leather and beads. Really a great guy.