The legends of giant humans appear across many cultures and giants are attributed with varying personalities and tendencies. Some are friendly and cohabitate with "normal" humans, others are fierce and warlike, even among themselves. Some anthropologists have written these legends off as evidence that the Vikings traveled far and wide across the planet, others poo-poo the idea as simply mythology and exaggeration. My personal view is that the stories are so universal across the planet, the stories are either based in fact, or the trade routes were far more complex than we can imagine and the stories spread with travelers.

I came across this article on Yahoo today and couldn't stop myself from reading them and watching a few of the videos.

http://listverse.com/2016/05/07/10-alleged-discoveries-that-suggest-giants-existed/

Ohhh lets go fishing, some one opened a can of worms!

Modern "Science" has a lot to hide , and anything that smacks of the supernatural must be eliminated! Here in WV we have a lot of burial mounds that were explored by "Ametuers" in the 1890's newspapers reported findings of 12' skeletons having 6 fingers and toes , double rows of teeth and hammered copper ornaments. The smithsonian experts took them away to bury them in some wearhouse somewhere latter to deny their existance ,or claim they were not measured correctly. Anything that disagrees with the Darwinistic world view is discredited. As a Bible believing Christian I have no trouble accepting giant humans. How is it that no one questions fossils of giant snakes , turtles, crocodiles , bears , sloths, cockroaches that are identical to animals today in every way but their huge size, yet giant humans are a no no . There is a lot of things in the Bible about this , I won't street preach here, but if anyone wants to know more ......

1 Peter 3:15 (KJV)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

I don't believe in something like that unless there is irrefutable evidence, which there isnt. Nor is there solid proof the Smithsonian is hiding giant skeletons to adhere to A world view of human beings - that is conspiracy.

• Like 1

Fact. an abnormally tall or large person,= definition of giant. I think the tallest man in the world was 8ft11" thats 9 feet tall... I would classify that as a giant if I were born outside of modern times. In times past it would be more likely for marriages to be arranged outside of the control of the individuals doing the marrying to further increase the odds of passing on the giant genes. So a clan with several abnormally large people could be reasonably misconstrued throughout history as a Giant "race"

Guys . . . Whoa! Full stop.

Let's stick to blades and blade making topics, okay? Let's leave religion, conspiracy theories, etc. out of the forum (unless, of course, they are related to blades . . . so, for example, if someone wanted to make the sword of the archangel Michael from the Bible, it would be okay to quote religious texts for the thread).

Sorry to be paranoid, but these things get out of hand quickly.

Dave

• Like 2

Whoa there fellas! I didn't think this was going to erupt into a geopolitical/theological/X-files conspiracy sort of discussion.

My apologies to the administrators. I interpreted "Open Discussion About It All" a little too broadly it seems. Feel free to close it.

Who would have used these 30 foot long viking swords ? http://www.ritebook.in/2015/02/sverd-i-fjell-swords-in-rock-norway.html

Now those are cool.

Edited by Joshua States

You must have not attended many knife shows with some of the side issues that come up. Some times the best advice is to sit there at your table and sip your soda.

Doug