Well this one is a bit different for me, but it was a really fun day project. I have always been inspired by the work of Aboo Pham in Vietnam so the other day I sent him a message asking permission to do something in his style and I think you will be able to see the two styles blended pretty well. :) This is a beefy little kiridashi at 3 1/2 inches long and with a 1 1/4 blade. But let me know what you think.

Thank for looking!

-Robert

13220855_10208677270385507_2221484753075

13178820_10208682040744763_6701488017093

That's the first thought I had Dave. That's someone I miss seeing updates from. Robert, that is beautiful. What steel?

Thanks for the comments guys, Gabriel the texturing was done using a crabide cutting tool and Rod the steel is 1095

That looks amazing. I really like the texturing and the copper plate. One thing I couldn't help but think, that would make an awesome pocket sized axe head. I know it's not big enough for much but could easily be scaled up enough to be useful with nothing more than a split piece of wood tied securely up the sides.

I love Aboo's knives and he is a really nice guy too. His texturing work, and all of the small details are always so well done. He should join this forum...

Excellent work though Robert! I love your take on it.

Thanks Wes, much appreciated! It was a very fun build to do and Aboo is an awesome guy who makes some awesome knives. :)