Trying something new.... God I need a much bigger shop

So I got a bur up my ass apparently... I am attempting a hearth remelt of old nails, cleaned welding rod, and iron tie wire to get a facsimile (now my head hurts; too many syllables) of orishigane like material. Wish me luck and results will be posted.

P.S. I really need a bigger shop. It is just too cramped and too hot to do this on a regular basis.

Edited by Raymond Jewell

Good luck, but do that outside! Too much CO and sparks for safe indoor runs unless you have a really good forge hood in place.

Not gonna lie, the results were slightly less than stellar, but they were results none the less, which means Progress! In the description on the youtube video, you will see that I realized later that I gave some bad information but I believe I corrected it. Here is the link.

I have a second video which will sho some of the results later during a second run. Here is hoping something better comes from it.

P.S. pardon the language. I am a very raw individual, and I find it very difficult to apply my language filters, especially when I am excited and tired. I do try to limit my cussing, but to obliterate it completely is quite literally a lesson in futility for myself. Again I apologize.

Edited by Raymond Jewell

So here is another video in the series. This is the second run, and I am able to finally show some of the results from the first.

Edited by Raymond Jewell

Raw individual... If you dont mind, I might pilfer that as a description of myself. :P No reason to apologize - you should have seen a friend and I directing/striking for each other. There were equally as many curses thrown is frustration as their were in celebration.

• 2 weeks later...

And finally the last three cuts of that night. Sometimes nerdy, a bit dark, but it's my first real attempt a filming anything as well.

Edited by Raymond Jewell