simple copper and cherry

I just finished this one, a little mideival inspired one forged from a 1" ball bearing with a dextured copper bolster and cherry handle. let me know what you think.

DSCN2426 (640x480).jpg

DSCN2428 (640x480).jpg

DSCN2429 (640x480).jpg

DSCN2430 (640x480).jpg

DSCN2432 (640x480).jpg

DSCN2433 (640x480).jpg

DSCN2434 (640x480).jpg

Thanks.

Austin - yes i lightly charred the whole handle and sanded the whole thing back.

• 3 weeks later...

A nice little knife. The blade looks a bit out of alignment with the straight handle though, and you might reconsider your makers mark. It is a bit huge and overpowering. Suggest looking into a simple wax resist and a saltwater and battery charger etched mark as taught by Wayne Goddard. It's simple to do, and costs next to nothing to assemble. My first setup was an old charger that melted down from some ones malfunction. I had to put new wires on it, but got it free. Another option is a professionally made stamp of appropriate size. I like the etched mark as I can size it for each knife. Also there are the stencil makers for etching a mark. They cay design very nice looking marks. For starting out the battery charger and salt water etcher is the cheapest way to go. Also you can make your own stamp out or 01 rod, file to shape and harden. I also enjoy forging used materials quite a bit. Working on a parang from some old farm hi carbon steel, and a large puukko from some 100+ yr. old buggy springs. They turned out to be shear steel. Have fun forging!