Has anyone seen the Davinci cam/ helve hammer videos on YouTube? There's a couple out there: one with a wood frame and a multi part video on one with a steel frame. I'm kind of at that point where I don't need a power hammer but it would be handy to have a small one. Our local welding shop has a 25 lb LG, and it's really overkill for me. Has anyone ever used or seen one? The ones online are kind of thrown together, but I was thinking one made with changeable dies would be faster without taking up a huge amount of space.

Thanks

Dave

I would think there would be quite a bit of wear and tear on the system that would make this not as nice to have than one would think. Have you thought about a foot powered treadle hammer?

I wondered about the durability especially of the cam wheel. Never really thought about a treadle hammer. The only ones I've ever seen were pretty large. I could scale one down to a smaller size. Thanks

I've never seen a treadle hammer with a larger footprint than one of those little toy DaVinci hammers. Plus they hit a LOT harder with less effort.