Draken Harald Hårfagre Viking ship in the US!

Didn't see anything on this anywhere here yet so thought I'd share -

The re-created Viking ship Dragon Herald Fairhair sailed from Norway in April 2016 & has arrived on North American shores. It will be travelling up the St. Lawrence River & touring the Great Lakes throughout the summer, then will sail the canal system from Oswego, NY to New York City in September. I will be catching them at the Fairport Tall Ships event in Painesville, OH, on 8 July. SO looking forward to this!!

The official website - schedule, route, ticket links, etc.:

http://www.drakenexpeditionamerica.com/

They are also on Facebook, with fairly current updates.

Randy

Didn't see anything on this anywhere here yet so thought I'd share -

The re-created Viking ship Dragon Herald Fairhair sailed from Norway in April 2016 & has arrived on North American shores.

Quickly! Get the women and children inside, and for gods sake - lock up your virgins! :lol:

There's a Tall Ships event here in Erie, PA, too, but apparently they couldn't fit that one in their schedule..... No biggie - Painesville's not that far away, & definitely worth the trip!!

Quickly! Get the women and children inside, and for gods sake - lock up your virgins! :lol:

Yes, I happened to be reading one of Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Tales novels when I first heard about them coming, & Uhtred at the steering oar popped into my head.... :^)