Source for Masur Birch

The last time I found Masur Birch I googled it online and found a source in either Norway or Sweden. It's not easy to find, as I'm sure you've found out.

Doug

HELP...I'm a twenty year old trapped in the body of an old man!!!

I have not found a great stateside source yet. Not that really makes a difference but, you know go USA.

Its been a long time since I've dabbled in eBay. When I did it was full of dishonest people and product photo's that did not match the product. Is it any better now?

Thanks

Thanks for the link and info.

I'm looking specifically for Masur because I've got a weird obsession with Scandinavian style knives and also because I just made up a San Mai (Screw you Cold Steel) of wrought and 1095 to emulate the laminated Swedish steel that was so sought after way back when.

I am really hoping to get enough for several puukko style knives.

http://brisa.fiis the main source. They'll sell you a box of the stuff for a pretty good price, and what you don't use you can sell to the rest of us...:)

It is a wonderful wood to work with.

Gilmer woods occasionally has it too, but they also have a $100 minimum order.

George Ezell, bladesmith

" How much useful knowledge is lost by the scattered forms in which it is ushered to the world! How many solitary students spend half their lives in making discoveries which had been perfected a century before their time, for want of a condensed exhibition of what is known."
Buffon

view some of my work

RelicForge on facebook

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the input guys. I did end up going with Brisa. They are a wonder to work with.

I'll post my latest Puukko with the wood soon.