part of why I love the northwest...

Nick Wheeler

This was taken at Ecola State park right above Canon Beach, Oregon.

This is a fairly short trip from the shop, my family and I went down on Saturday.

:)

Edited to say- It looks cloudy, but it was just a bit of fog that floated in and away. It was completely blue-sky on Saturday.

ecolatoleft2.jpg

Edited by Nick Wheeler

Wow that's nice! I've never visited a rocky coast before. Everything here is sand as far as the eye can see! It looks like a likely place to go look for fossils too! Those secluded coves really beckon.

Guy Thomas

all the pictures are beutiful...and if you can get ore with a view like that it is all the better.

csc

abs journeyman

www.carrollknives.com

Great pics Bennett! :D

I have a ton of film pics from around here, but only recently started toting my digital around.

Here's a view to the left, and a view straight out as the sun was going down. That small lighthouse is no longer in use... but it is a mausoleum now.

ecolatoright.jpg

ecolasunset.jpg

Bennet, where do you live, and how much is real estate and general cost of living? :)

28781[/snapback]

This is my front porch, and my noisy neighbors. Here is my house from a sat.

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=4&...87&Y=100200&W=1 You can zoom out to see were I live. Good thing I wasn't sun bathing thay day :D As for the real estate, close to Portland is one of the hottest in the country, read high. Were I am at, 50 miles or so, as the car drives, is fairly reasonable. COL, is fair, but taxes suck.

Edited by Bennett

Hey Mark, that side of the state you want to live on looks just like these photos... but without all the water, and the snow-capped mountains, and all the fir trees, and anything green... but other than that, just the same

:P:ph34r::P

-Nick-

Oh come on now Nick,

I've seen many pictures of the Eastern side of the state and there was grass and trees and water in them :)

We havent bought our land yet , so nothing is set in stone.

Whoops, realized I cat add , 75 days :blink: .

Mid October we'll be out there.

Eastern Oregon can have quite a varied scape. High desert, low desert, and medium desert. :D Just kidding. The atmosphere is much better on that side of the state. More laid back and conservative. Some good hunting and fishing. A rock hound's paradise. Some of the most deserted areas on the continent.

I remember a few years back, they discovered a WWII bomber that was missing since the early 40's. It crashed on the Oregon/Nevada border. It was untouched if I remember correctly.

The Northwest is a great place to live. I love it here. Also, I though I would add some pictures of Washington. The first picture is Mt. Baker, and the second is Mt. Shucksan.

Bakerskewed.JPG

shucksanskew.JPG

Jordan Sahlberg

I've seen some pics of Norway and New Zealand... some stiff competition for sure ;)

Just kidding... no competing here... it is flat out gorgeous over there though.

I am blessed to have been born and raised here. I really can't think of anywhere I would rather live (no offense to other places :) ).

Mark, you know I'm just josh'n ya. Colville is actually quite different from much of Eastern WA. My uncle has timber behind his house, and the area right around his home is filled with elk, deer, and wild turkey.

I think Snoqualmie pass is one of the most picturesque drives around here.

Thanks for adding the pics guys!!! :D

-Nick-

I would love to see some pictures of New Zealand and Norway. I am planning on taking a trip in two years to go climbing in the alps, should be cool, I have heard only great things.

Jordan Sahlberg