Alveprins

WIP - Multibar Hunting Knife

Ok, time to start another project.

I've made one of these before, but only a simple version. This time I will (hopefully) be making the kickass multibar version. I'll kick this Work-In-Progress off with a concept drawing, and a picture of the two billets that will make out the body and edge of the blade itself. I will also be making day to day videos giving the walkthrough.

entry pic 01.jpg

"Skaugubben" is Norwegian and consists of two words "skau" (forest) and "gubben" (the old man). This knife will be ment for old and middle aged geezers who wander the Norwegian woods hunting and skinning game. ;)

Stack.jpg

The steel is old files and rasps donated to me, along with some railroad and #15 and #20 steel.

And here is the video: https://youtu.be/tHAJpjpQbHM

That new hammer is serving you well, judging by your last blade. :) The shape is good and looks to be perfect for hunting. Looking forward to more!

"old and middle aged geezers "

Really? I think I would be insulted, if there was any chance of someone offending me, which there isn't, so never mind........

Carry on laddie! Let's see if the young kid can keep up with the "geezers" :D

can you be a middle-aged geezer? Interesting mix of steel there. Looking forward to seeing what comes of it.

Interesting mix of steel there. Looking forward to seeing what comes of it.

I have to plead ignorance. I'm not clear on what #15 and #20 steel are. I am assuming they are mild and the numbers represent the gauge or thickness.

I have to plead ignorance. I'm not clear on what #15 and #20 steel are. I am assuming they are mild and the numbers represent the gauge or thickness.

UHB20C and UHB15LM

...Carry on laddie! Let's see if the young kid can keep up with the "geezers" :D

I wouldn't be so sure... Check out the "Day 3" video which will be uploaded within the next 10 minutes... You'll be able to observe me in all my idiotic glory while chugging down beer and later on drinks.... Beer, Vodka and pneumatic machinery combined with gas forges = fun!

Dude.

Nice video, but a word of caution is in order regarding mixing alcohol & power tools.

• Like 1

Alright, so I was in a car accident three weeks ago and broke my back. (compression fracture in L1 and L2) - which is why there has been no updates on this recently. (no, I was not drunk driving... :P , it is well known I only drink and forge...)

Anyhow, the Doc had a look at me today and took some new x-rays, and I suspect I will be able to give actual knife related updates on this thread in a couple of more weeks - unless the x-rays shows complications - which I highly doubt they do.

In the meantime - here's a couple of pics I took during the road-trip at which I totally wrecked my car... Until next time - Chiao! :lol:

Welcome to Norway!

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 001.jpg

Sincerely, Alveprins.

Take the time to heal, ouch!

And I've heard of turf roofs, but that's taking it to an extreme... :lol:

I would say take a bit longer than the Dr says. You only get one spine so you need to make sure shes good and solid! Dont do something dumb like me and be out there working in 3 weeks. Does more damage than good to rush it!

Glad to hear you are healing up. I can't really think of a prettier place to wreck a car, except one by an occupied building.

I am assuming that those trees grew through the roofs of all those buildings, and nobody intentionally built a house (or an out-house) around their favorite trees.

New meaning for a Tree house :P

take your time, these pics are nice - check the forest on the roof :)