• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex Roy

Looking for Round whetstone

9 posts in this topic

Hi my name is alex and im looking for a website/ or a person whos selling a whetstone which is mounted on an axel, (dont know if it has its own name). Well any way i would like any feed back possible.

Yes, could i have your location, whetstone material, exact measurements and a pic or 2 please.

Yes, could i have your location, whetstone material, exact measurements and a pic or 2 please.

28904[/snapback]

Louie Mills has them as well.

He brought two to Halrey's gathering in March.

I do not have Louie's email, but someone will post it.

Ric

Louie still has several sharpening wheels for sale as I bought one from him in July. Anyone interested will have to drive to Ann Arbor to pick up as they're too large/heavy to ship and would need to be crated or put on a pallet.

The wheel dimensions are 23.75" in diameter by 2" wide. Looks like a 5/8" round hole in the center. I am not sure of the grit, but I would guess it might be 1,000 grit.

Louie has an old RW grinder similar to this one on Ebay: 271265623918. Louie's grinder has a container for dripping water on the grinding wheel as it's being used. Here is an old RW grinder that was sold on Ebay: 330942260826

If anyone is interested, please PM me & I'll forward to Louie.

There is a blacksmith here in fitzwilliam nh (50 miles from Manchesterdrive it daily) who has one in its frame outside his shop. As an old timer I'm sure he is willing to take an offer. Great fella and you won't need to freight it across the globe!

You guys did notice this thread is eight years old, right? ;)

Yes, I did. I just bought a wheel from Louie & he has more just sitting in his barn. I got a great price & figured I'd pass it on to whomever might be interested.

I'm sure Louie wouldn't mind selling them. I bought a 12" wheel for my Tormek grinder that was almost twice the cost of the price Louie sold me a large almost 24" wheel for.