I got tired of my crank blower making a horrible racket. I am going to run my forge on charcoal now, so I decided that I should make a box bellows. I used some scrap plywood and oak boards that I got from my carpenter friend. It seems to work very well. Only a couple minor air leaks, and I see now why fuigos are a lot more narrow. There is much less friction when the surface area on the bottom is smaller. I coated the inside with smooth lacquer to make it easy to operate, but it would be slightly easier to operate if it was narrower. Unfortunately, all I had was the maximum size of the scrap wood, so I used that.

1X71TLL.jpg?1

ze8xxoB.jpg?1

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" -The Dude,

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rougemont_forge/

Why not waterproof it by lacquering the outside? It kinda has a "roof" already, so it could shed water away. You would have to do something different about the side chamber, though.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" -The Dude,

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rougemont_forge/

make what i made :D I eventually added more wood down to the floor and expanded it out a little bit but it required way less materials to build than a conventional box style shelter or four walled shelter.

shelter complete.jpg

and you should make one of these to compliment that blower :P

12512773_10209455205476618_7426134888988664232_n.jpg

"Behold, I have created the smith who blows the fire of coals and produces a weapon for its purpose. I have also created the ravager to destroy;"-Isaiah 54:16