Laser Cut Knife Blanks and Engraving

Hello -

I hope this is the correct place for this. I wanted to offer my services to the industry as I am just getting into it myself as a hobby.

Outside of owning two gun stores and an indoor range, I happen to help at my parents' company, Olmar Supply, that is a steel manufacturing business.

We recently acquired a brand new Fiber laser cutter. This laser is capable of cutting between .010 to .750 and a sheet size of 5'x10'. We get extremely precise cuts.

I know a lot of people prefer forging from raw material but we can quickly and precisely make knife blanks for you to finish. We can get and cut just about any type of steel or can use steel you provide (some extra will be required to test laser parameters).

We can also cut grip profiles out of all sorts of materials.

We also have a fiber laser engraving machine and can provide engraving/etching on all sorts of materials.

If anyone wants a quote or some more info my email is mike@olmarsupply.com

Mike

Welcome aboard, Mike! I'll move this down to the Tools, Supplies, and Materials forum since that's where services offered usually go around here. I suspect you'll get more than a little business from the guys!

• Like 1

I think I could be interested in both of those, I'd like to know the general ballpark of what you charge though.

It really depends on quantity and material cost. Ballparking is hard because they will not be close at all for 2pcs vs 200pcs

I used to work for a company pricing out the waterjet at 90 an hour for cutting so however long the job took. Laser might be a bit different in pricing.

Laser is more because of the consumables but a lot faster cutting.

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have secured access to all types of steel through Uddeholm and Böhlerstrip among others. We have access to steels like the AEB-L at good prices, all blanks will come with mill certificates.

• 2 weeks later...

A question please- heard of some other folks having their blade designs copied- are you able to provide a confidentiality agreement as well as disclosure of file storage/deletion post a job?

Kerri