Guy Thomas

Hermine

Not a hurricane has blessed the shores of Florida in 11 years. Of course the first one to do so is headed right for me here in Tallahassee now! Hurricanes can be a bit of an adventure (and of course they can be your worst nightmare too). Here's to this one being on the adventurous side, everyone stay safe out tonight! Now where's that hurricane beer? Skål!

Take care of you and yours. Hope it's not too bad.

• Like 1

Thanks Donnie, fortunately this is a minimal hurricane but not to be dismissed lightly. We are reasonably well prepared (cars are gassed up, we have water, batteries, canned goods, dry goods, ice etc). I have to admit we are out of practice for preparations though. However, pies were buy one get one at Publix so we have two, pumpkin and cherry fresh out of the oven, lots of cold beer and homemade Sloppy Joes about to get ready. Bring it on!

For what you are about to receive may you truly be grateful. I road out three hurricanes when I lived in Virginia. It can be an experience.

Doug

• Like 1

Keep safe my friend, I have been there and done that too many times here where I live in NW Florida.

Hee is a list of the ones I have seen since I moved here after my time in service 1976!

Fredrick 1979

Elana 1985

Kate 1985

Erin 1995

Opal 1985

Earl 1998

Ivan 2004

Jeanne 2004

Dennis 2005

Remember if you think you might want to leave do it now or when the time comes you will not be able to get out. The evacuation routes turn into deadly parking lots. Dennis the one that got my attention!!

Edited by C Craft

Guy, I hope you fared Hermine well!! It sounds like it was mild as damage goes, a lot of downed power lines, tree, and flooding. However if you are one of those got hit it is never mild!!!

• Like 1

Guy, I hope you fared Hermine well!! It sounds like it was mild as damage goes, a lot of downed power lines, tree, and flooding. However if you are one of those got hit it is never mild!!!

All is well for us, no hurricane damage and only a few branches down in our yard. Trees down everywhere though.We just got power back today around 11:00 AM which isn't bad when they are saying much of Tallahassee could be out for a week