Timothy Artymko

Christmas Knife Exchange??

I would extend the KITH to folders too, if anyone wants to... I would like to make one...

Looking at the suggestions/ideas people have for the exchange the theme could be "your favorite small knife" (definitely not just because that would let me make a puukko of course :ph34r:).

• Like 1

Can't wait to go back to my shop...

Count me in. I have a mini drop point already prepped other then polishing and getting fully handled....

should there be a list of participants posted, more peeps wanting a xmas bonus knife ;)

I think we are just going to skip the list. Around the beginning of december a thread will be started and participants will have about a week to post their completed knife before the draw is done. No commitments in this, just add your knife during the summation period to be entered :P

Sounds like a load of fun! I just recently found a wonderful shop space to work in, so I'm in! It's been too long since I've made anything pointy...

I just finished mine! Unless I can find someone in the area that has leather scraps I can beg for, I wont be able to make a sheath.. hoping that is okay with everyone. That, and the fact that it is a small puukkko, I am assuming that is acceptable. :D

I'm working on my entry right now.

I've had this idea for a small and light neck knife/edc for a while now and this Kith seemed like the perfect opportunity to give it a try.

It has about an inch of blade and the steel is o2.

I plan on making a molded leather sheath for it.

IMAG10401_zpsv8wdhiq2.jpg

If you're going to name it...I think "Puffin" would be appropriate. Kinda looks like one! I like it!

I MIGHT have something to throw into the hat. My schedule is pretty tight so getting some me-time to work on it is questionable lol. Let's call this a quick WIP.

IMG_20161116_193142357.jpg

• Like 1

Change of plans. Didn't like the tang so I've redone it to more of a teardrop. Also increased the length about 3/4 of an inch

IMG_20161117_132436610.jpg

• Like 1

Since I have the knife almost finished now, I guess I can say I'm in...:)

I'm all done too!

The blade is acid etched/antiqued O2 steel, shaving sharp.

The sheath is green vegtan leather wet formed and waxed, with an flame colored titanium edge and cord loop.

I also found a soft leather cord with matching green beads.

This was a really fun little project, and I got to try a few new things. :D

At first I was a bit skeptical about the practicality of a neck knife and of my ''tactical design'' as I'm more used to traditional blade styles.

But it is actually very comfortable to wear, and the blade is really handy for opening boxes and such.

I might even make myself one :P

20161206_132839_zpsanf9oswp.jpg

20161206_133105_zpsbnob0hwa.jpg

• Like 2

Same here! After I made this I learned about the galvanic index between metals. It turns out copper has the potential to eat away at aluminum in an environment that easily carries ions, so be aware! Don't sweat on it too much & keep it well oiled. Under rainy conditions with aluminum gutters and copper flashing, the aluminum can take about 7 years to corrode from what I read, so as long as it isn't wet, there shouldn't be much of a reaction.

0WXgRit.jpg?1

Edit: I'm no scientist, but there is this process called passivation that I read about, and the oxide layer that aluminum forms protects it from being corroded further, although the friction on the inside with the washers will keep that layer from forming.

Edited by Wesley Alberson
  • Like 1

Those look awesome folks! Mine is almost done. It's not as festive as some of these (it's purple) but I don't have to keep mine anyways ;) I will post a picture or two later today. We now just need someone to draw for us!

Mine is nearly there, just finishing the leather. Pictures tomorrow

Here is a rough picture, I made the belt loop too narrow on the first sheath so somebody gets 2 sheaths for mine.

20161209_175339.jpg

Mine's done, pictures tomorrow...