• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dustin Stephens

Kydex questions

3 posts in this topic

So a friend of mine gave me some what I think is .093??? kydex, my questions are, 1 do the setters for the eyelets that look like handheld hole punchers work well, and 2 would you recommend the 6-9 or the 6-10 eyelets? Ive seen the setters go from like 12 bucks for the handheld ones all the way to 35 bucks for the hammer type. I just dont want to spend the 35 if the 12 will work. Thanks in advance

I use the hammer type setter for mine. And I will say this.

It was cheap, I think i paid 5 dollars for it. And it does work.

however, one thing I do not like about it, is that if you dont have the two pieces perfectly lined up, you can set the eyelet wrong, and warp it, and then it looks like crap and is a pain to remove to do over.

Yeah, thats what I was worried about, I think Im going with the ones they sell on knifekits.com. They have a holder for the dies and I will use my bench vise for even pressure

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0