Hello everyone,

This is a little folder I made a while ago...

The blade is 3 bars, 2 of which being twisted "W" pattern 1070 and pure nickel and the cutting edge being regular twisted pattern, O2 and 15N20.

The mechanism is back lock with the spring being one solid piece with the back, which is fully fileworked (inside too). The back/spring is 5160, bail in Titanium, all pins are Titanium, damascus bolsters, snakewood scales (cut offs from a baroque violin bow blank), 304 liners. Leather box hand tooled and stitched, it also works as stand by a small notch in one side of the box. A small mirror allows the owner to look at the other side of the knife when he's not holding/carrying it. Or, the box can be used as small make up trousse for his wife. It was very hard to detach from it...

I hope you enjoy...

FB_IMG_1477349036092.jpgFB_IMG_1477349044870.jpgFB_IMG_1477349049780.jpgFB_IMG_1477349210590.jpgFB_IMG_1477349058285.jpgFB_IMG_1477349061938.jpgFB_IMG_1477349224989.jpgFB_IMG_1477349313345.jpg

Take care,

Francesco

That's beautiful! I get a classy feeling from looking at it. Great filework on the spine too. The snakewood is a great touch and makes me want to get my hands on some soon... too bad it's crazy expensive!

Thank you, Austin. I know, snakewood is one of the most expensive woods you can find! Luckily the violin workshop I was working allowed me to get a leftover from a bow blank... I have to be honest, though, I bought one as well... a block for hidden tang. 36 euros at that time, and not as pretty as this one... but I couldn't resist...

Wow that is fantastic!! Jaw dropping in fact! jawdrop.gif

Thank you, you are too kind!

Awesome !

Thank you!

Holy cow that's an awesome package

Thank you!

I second all the compliments!

Everything I would have said have been said.

-Gabriel

Thank you!

I feel completely inadequate now, thanks.

^_^

Are you kidding me, Joshua? I saw your work! It's amazing!

Thank you for the compliments!

Wow, that is wonderful! The leather presentation case is equally fantastic, and a great idea.

Do you have any more pictures of the internal parts?

Thank you, Brian!

Do you mean internal parts of the box or the knife?

Thank you, Brian!

Do you mean internal parts of the box or the knife?

I'd like to see the internal parts of the knife. I want to make a nice folder for myself some day, and would like to know how your lock works. Thanks!

I don't have many pictures of the WIP, I hope this one would suffice. If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask. The most important thing: the hole has to be alligned to the back corner of the slot. Any other position would result in the blade not locking. I hope I have been clear...2016-10-25 15.24.50.jpg

Thank you everyone! Yes, R. J. Dio always inspires me. Great singer, great person. He left us leaving a heritage of awesomeness. So, I proudly dedicated this one to him.

Keep inspiring us, Little Great Man!

So, this knife is the ugly brother (with a lot of make up :P) of a knife I am about to post about, "the Belgian". Same exact steel (same billet cut in half) but different blade design and materials. The handle design is similar... well, I guess you have to take a look...