Sign in to follow this  
Steve Nowacki

The Bujin, Divine Warrior

Hi Gents

This knife has a blade of 3.5mm Hitachi white paper steel with two outer layers of wrought iron, blade length is just shy of 80mm, overall length is 180mm, the handle scales are python skin Micarta, I brought the Micarta home from this years Blade show. I hadn't seen it before and really liked it, the handle also has white fibre liners. The sheath is a wet formed pouch style dyed black with Kydex rivets, Kydex belt loops and a neck chain.

The knife pictured below has been donated to the Pilgrim Bandits Military Charity to be auctioned at their Saints and Sinners Ball on the 26th of November at the Passford House Hotel near Lymington.

Thank you for taking the time to look, all comments and critique very welcome.

All the best

Steve

DSCF5027.jpgimagehosting

DSCF5026.jpgimagehosting

DSCF5025.jpgimagehosting

DSCF5024.jpgimagehosting

DSCF5023.jpgimagehosting

DSCF5022.jpgimagehosting

DSCF5021.jpgimagehosting

Nice neck knife Steve. I bet with spine as it is and the upward curve of that blade, you can put some knife pressure behind a cut.

Edited by Wes Detrick

Thanks for that Wes. Personally I've always struggled with neck knives because I dislike blades with small handles I find them uncomfortable and can't use them. This one isn't that small and the handle shape is really secure in my mitt. This model has already transformed into another two variants. The Mk2 has the same style handle but a different blade shape and the Mk3 has the Mk2 blade but a different handle shape. That's what I love about making knives, there's always a variation on a theme that keeps things fresh and interesting.

Thanks for that Wes. Personally I've always struggled with neck knives because I dislike blades with small handles I find them uncomfortable and can't use them. This one isn't that small and the handle shape is really secure in my mitt. This model has already transformed into another two variants. The Mk2 has the same style handle but a different blade shape and the Mk3 has the Mk2 blade but a different handle shape. That's what I love about making knives, there's always a variation on a theme that keeps things fresh and interesting.

Yep, I suffer the same problem. I hate small handles on knives, and in some part, handle design informs a good part of my knife making. I would rather a small blade with a big handle rather than the reverse. As for variations on a theme, I always believe that if something can be done well, then it could have been done better :)

that is a great little blade.i like that handle shape a lot!