I tried the search feature but could not located this. I know it's been covered before.

Seeing that it is Christmas time, If Santa could bring me a new forge, what should I ask for.

Must be able to handle knives up to size of Bowie knives, must be able to get to forge welding temps.

Other than that, I am open.

So shoot.

I have looked at the Diamondback (I Like the Price). Love the Chili Forges (Don't like the prices).

The best forge is the one that is custom built to your needs and wants. You'll save a ton of money and likely have a bit of fun building your own. Santa can bring you the parts; insulating blanket, propane regulator, gift card to hardware store for pipe and fittings, etc.

• Like 1

Yup, what Jerrod said.

I actually supply the family with a spreadsheet with links for all the obscure crap I want for Christmas so they can buy me the odd bits of hardware I need to build things. It makes them happy to have something to wrap, and keeps them from getting me ties.

• Like 2

The best forge is the forge that you use and fits your needs.

​Check out the attachments on the Forge Supplies Page at www.WayneCoeArtistBlacksmith.com.

You can build a better forge for way less money that better fits your needs.

For the requirements that you indicate I would suggest a forge built from a 20# Propane bottle with a 6" Ribbon Burner.

Let me know if I can help you.

Wayne