• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Rob Toneguzzo

Thunder down under

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Took this pic from my work window. Wet season is here early.

2016-11-28 13.14.50.png

1 person likes this

What an awesome catch!

Wow, great shot!

Edited by Jason McEntee

Good pic! Nice view too!

I can hear Jimmy Buffet in the background......... ;)

Edited by Joshua States

Lightning was hitting all over the place every few seconds......I did cheat though and must confess....I filmed about 30 seconds on my phone and then screenshot the bolt from the video.....got about 4 good shots...worked well though. Sometimes when I'm board I watch tornados on YouTube...I think those things are completely terrifying. We get cyclone warnings every year but when one hits it is just a huge storm that is all around....a Tornado for me is so scary because you can see it.

Well if you hadn't spilled the beans I was gonna say you had impeccable timing ! Awesome photo anyway. LOL Wet season? You poor dear. Yesterday we had a high temp of 15 f and today it was 67f ! Wind is howling right now at 45mph and warm as toast somthin bad is blowin in! Enjoy them wet palm trees Rob and think nice thoughts about us untropical folks on the other side of this here planet. :D

Rain rain and rain here Ron. So glad I now have a gas forge as the fires used to run cold this time of year unless I stocked up during the dry. It is a funny place here..fires rip through in the dry ( I just walk out back with big bags and collect coal ) and rain in the wet.