WWII style trench dagger

Hey guys, I figured I would start a thread specifically for this blade, even though I showed some of the build in the M3 trench knife thread here.....

I should mention that this is my first true dagger.

This knife is inspired by many of the daggers of that era. The blade is thick CPM 3v with a full length fuller. It features a zirc guard and butt plate, while the spike is 416ss which is more functional for striking.

The handle is Stacked natural micarta to simulate stacked leather. I think it looks pretty slick.

The sheath also has a bit of an old school feel. With the full handle length belt loop and the Randall style para cord retention. I modernized it by making it Molle Lok compatible and dressed it up with a some really shark skin in the tip.

Overall I am very pleased with it. I hope you enjoy the pics!

IMG_5870.jpg

IMG_5868.jpg

IMG_5867.jpg

IMG_5866.jpg

IMG_5863.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

I would have strapped this to my chest rig while I was in. This piece screams USE ME. (well to me anyway)

On 12/4/2016 at 3:54 PM, Doug Lester said:

I could have sworn that handle was stacked leather, good job. Everything about that blade looks top notch.

Doug

I thought it was stacked leather too, till I saw Doug's post. Then I had to scroll back to the top to figure out what I was looking at! Two thumbs up, on the knife and the handle effect!!