• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geoff Keyes

McAfee causing issues?

8 posts in this topic

Is anyone else having issues getting to the forum? I'm able to get in via my Andriod tablet, but my PC chokes. I can get as far as the landing page, then the SiteAdvisor from MaCafee sends me into never never land.

Current version of MaCafee, Windows 10, Chrome

It's very hard to type on this tiny keyboard with Trollfairy hands and a large Maine Coon who wants to help.

Geoff

It sounds like you need to go into your McAfee site manager and list this as a trusted site.

I had that same problem on my phone, deleted McAfee. No more problem. It just started Friday, so I suspect a badly designed "upgrade" is to blame. McAfee has always been third rate anyway.

I just switched from McAfee to Avast,....NOT impressed with ether of them.....

Why do they hide the controls? Thanks Joshua

Geoff

So you can't "accidently" look at pron

If you are looking for quality AV, then I suggest Kapersky. They are continually rated one of the best out there. If you do not like them, then I suggest checking out www.av-comparatives.org, which is a website that runs thorough tests on many different AV suites and then rates performance on all kinds of different areas(heuristics, file detection, false positives, etc).

McAfee is garbage and has been for quite some time. So is Symantec (what used to be Norton).

If you are looking for quality AV, then I suggest Kapersky. They are continually rated one of the best out there. If you do not like them, then I suggest checking out www.av-comparatives.org, which is a website that runs thorough tests on many different AV suites and then rates performance on all kinds of different areas(heuristics, file detection, false positives, etc).

McAfee is garbage and has been for quite some time. So is Symantec (what used to be Norton).

I second the Kaspersky recommend. Get McAfee off your system. It is practically a virus in and of itself.