Sign in to follow this  
BerniePacheco

Traditional 14" Dueling Bowie

Hello I am new to the forum and will be posting for a relative who has no access to internet. Trying to get his work out there for him. I as well along with my nephew designed and run the humble website that is dedicated to his blade-smith work. It is under construction and lacking much content and pictures and information to come. But we just got it up not too long ago and have much work to do.

Presenting "Kwauhteykwahn'tlohtseen" (revered hawk who is eater of eagles) a traditional 14" dueling bowie that was hammer forged in a clay, charcoal fired forge from a recycled mystery tool steel mixed with copper. Differentially heat treated. Solid brass hilt/guard hammer-forged from a large chunk of smelted recycled brass scrap that was then hammer fitted/formed firm to tang and then soldered. Traditional deer rawhide sleeve and pinwork on Arizona Ironwood scales carved from fallen dead wood. Handle naturally sealed in beeswax/mineral oil/chia oil. Sheath was made from old saddle leather, capped, riveted and adorned in traditional hand tooled brass-work made from recycled antique brass. Sheath knife retention strap was made from a section of old brass chain I believe possibly was originally a segment of an old pocket watch chain or fob of some kind. Sheath was also naturally sealed, and waterproofed in beeswax/mineral oil/chia oil. This bowie was a year in the making of on and off work in-between the time he took to finish the other 5 knives he will have produced these past 2 years. Thank you for looking.

22.jpg

33.jpg

44.jpg

55.jpg

66.jpg

77.jpg

88.jpg

1010.jpg

1313.jpg

111.jpg

1515x.jpg

1212x.jpg

Edited by BerniePacheco
  • Like 3

whoa-ahhh !!

anymore pics of the blade ?

Yes let me try to edit the first post to add them, for some reason they are having a problem because of length sideways of the picture

Welcome, very cool blade, good mix of design- I'm sure I won't be the first to say it , but I like everything about it.

- also feel free to post the website in your message next time as well

• Like 1

Welcome, very cool blade, good mix of design- I'm sure I won't be the first to say it , but I like everything about it.

- also feel free to post the website in your message next time as well

Thank you very much Jacob beer

Edited by BerniePacheco

Beautiful blade and sheath the patterns are amazing. I cannot wait to see more of his work. Please post a link to the website

• Like 2

Beautiful blade and sheath the patterns are amazing. I cannot wait to see more of his work. Please post a link to the website

Thank you very much scottwright. I will try to get that done

You're welcome, Bernie.

Bernie posted his relative's knife in another forum, where it received nice, but limited input. I suggested he post here, as I thought this group would be appreciative of such cool work. I'd love to see the shop where this neat package was created, and meet the man who did so with such primitive equipment.

Edited by David Stifle
  • Like 1

Nice, Bernie! There is so much going on with the blade, handle and sheath, and all of it interesting! Look forward to your next post!

• Like 1

Great to see such unique interesting quality work. Love this and really look forward to seeing more f his work.

Rob

• Like 1

Nice, Bernie! There is so much going on with the blade, handle and sheath, and all of it interesting! Look forward to your next post!

Right on, thank you very much dennis

Great to see such unique interesting quality work. Love this and really look forward to seeing more f his work.

Rob

Thank you very much rob, it is greatly appreciated