Puukkos

Lauri

Hello all!

Finally something ready. Couple of new Puukkos. Two of them are made of 80crv2 steel, Brass and Turkish walnut and I have to say that first one is good piece of wood.

And there is one Birch bark puukko too.

All blades are mirror polished.

Hope you like them :)

Lauri

walnut.jpgwalnut2.jpgtu.jpg

• Like 2

laurikarjunen.com

MyWorks

Love the puko! The wood is outstanding on both of them, very well done!!

I would also love to hear more about the sheath, the leather looks smooth, as a baby's bottom. Is it vegtable tanned cows leather or something else!! Once leather is wet to be formed it seems to finish rougher!!

Edited by C Craft

C Craft Customs ~~~ With every custom knife I build I try to accomplish three things. I want that knife to look so good you just have to pick it up, feel so good in your hand you can't wait to try it, and once you use it, you never want to put it down ! If I capture those three factors in each knife I build, I am assured the knife will become a piece that is used and treasured by its owner! ~~~ C Craft

Thank you everyone. Leather is 2mm vegtable tanned cow. I wet it under the running water until it feel soft enough. Then I stich it and right after that I just carefully tool the leather surface. When leather changes the colour little whiter I do most of the tooling. So dont do it too early.

When leather dry it will be hard if quality is good. And it shrinks also. Theres pretty big difference depends where the leather is manufactured. Those leathers are from http://www.kokkolannahka.fi/or http://www.peloleather.com/. I dont remember witch one but I think they are the same company.

Lauri

• Like 1

laurikarjunen.com

MyWorks