Starting a New Fighter--WIP

Since the recurve Bowie that I made recently drew so much interest and sold so quickly, I chose to give this fighter a similar blade profile. For the blade I used a random pattern San Mai of 1084 sandwiched with some 15N20. Today I got around to forging a D-Guard for it. As you can see, I gave this one some pointed knuckles just for good measure. I have no idea of how this type of guard will be received but it's been fun working on it. I've yet to decide if I should sharpen the pointed knuckles or not. [When I get around to shaping the D-Guard, I'll use the oxy/acet torch for the final shaping with a piece of 1" pipe the length of the handle as a guide.] Let me know what you think.

IMG_1612_opt%20forum_zpsemdqibbl.jpg

IMG_1628_opt%20forum_zpsc68n6wjq.jpg

IMG_1633_opt%20forum_zpsirqgxzm3.jpg

Edited by Gary Mulkey
  • Like 1

going to be interesting. Let's see how the knuckle bow comes out with the points. It will be a bowie/pesh kabz/trench knife.

It would be pretty formidable, too.

thanks for sharing. I love to watch the process unfold for folks.

I love these recurved blades. Haven't quite managed to get the hang of grinding them, though. I like where you're going with the knuckle bow/d-guard.

Looks like it's gonna be a toothy critter. My only concern would be it biting the hand that feeds it ! reaching to draw it too causualy could rake your knuckles on them mean looking teeth. Great job.