Hi Gents

I haven't made this style of hunter for a while. The blade is forged from a leaf spring, blade length is 120mm, blade thickness is around 5mm on the spine. The blade has a full flat grind, fancy file work along the spine extending onto the full tang of the handle, the blade is mirror polished and the overall length of the knife is 245mm. The handle scales are cocobolo with black liners and are secured by two S/S Corby bolts.
The butt of the handle sports a forged finial, the sheath is a wet formed deep pouch style dyed mahogany brown. Thank you for taking the time to look, all comments and questions are very welcome.

Merry Christmas

All the best

Steve

DSCF5057.jpghost image

DSCF5058.jpghost image

DSCF5059.jpghost image

DSCF5060.jpghost image

DSCF5061.jpghost image

DSCF5062.jpghost image

DSCF5063.jpghost image

• Like 2

Thanks for your comments gents, I'll be shipping this to it's new owner on the 28th when he comes back from the middle east. I hope he enjoys using it as much as I enjoyed making it.

All the best

Steve

I like the knife, and the hammer, too. I really like the hammer :)

Thanks for that Kevin. I picked that hammer up at a wood fair a couple of years back. There was a guy selling old tools and this little beauty jumped out at me. I remember using something similar while doing hot riveting when I was a plater/welder at British Rail. That seems like a life time ago now.

• 2 weeks later...