• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
R.W. Deavers

1836 Bowie

7 posts in this topic

I know it's been a while since I've been on, but I just finished this commission piece. The customer wanted Bowie and instead of making just a regular one, I opted for something a tad bit different. I wanted to do a piece that paid homage to the original, but slightly updated. I came across a few pictures of one that was used during the battle of San Jacinto, Texas. The lines, shape and overall coolness sealed the deal. What you see here is my take on that blade, with some subtle changes. Instead of having 6 to 8 pins for the handle scales, I used 4, along with a brass guard and walnut scales. The blade is forged from leaf spring.

1836 2.JPG

1 person likes this

WOW Beautiful

It shows good attention to workmanship.

Doug

Came out good!  I'd be curious to see a picture of the on from the Battle of San Jacinto that inspired it.

16 minutes ago, Stormcrow said:

Came out good!  I'd be curious to see a picture of the on from the Battle of San Jacinto that inspired it.

Me too, 

Very nice work.