KITH 2017 Poll

Axe/Hawk or Kitchen Knife  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Axe/Hawk or Kitchen Knife

• Axe/Hawk
    • Kitchen Knife

Then scrap it is! That's all I use anyways. No new steel stock or materials for handles. Off cuts, files, and scrap wood are all accepted. I really want to try the hot dog in bun construction for these, especially because I now have a box of Cherry Heat flux!

They close? I didn't see an option for that.

It looks like it has been decided that we will do kitchen knives for 2017, so now a entry deadline date has to be decided, too.

Edited by Wesley Alberson

I voted kitchen knife, but I'm not totally for the "using only scraps" idea. Not everyone has much in the way of scraps laying around. :P

Also, are we going to determine a size minimum or maximum? Or are we going to just do a free for all (I.e. you may get a pairing knife... you may get a butcher's knife).

Well, if I join this one, it's a "Junkyard Chef's Knife" because I have doing a can mosaic on my project list this year and this would be a great test knife for it.

• Like 1

What about a file welded to a WI wagon wheel? That's "scrap" but both are pretty well known on quality.

I was thinking about that, but I want to do some hamon chasing in W2.

I was thinking about that, but I want to do some hamon chasing in W2.

Well, if the file is 1095, and you did it San Mai with the WI on the outside, you could do the Hamon chasing with the 1095.